thread Recommendation & Reports on Child Care
- IRS Announcement: Advance Child Tax Credit Payments in 2021
- Supporting Employees with Child Care Needs During COVID-19 and Beyond: Six Tips for Businesses
- Family Friendly Considerations for Employers during COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Act – Employee Paid Leave
- thread Checklist for Family-Friendly Policies
- Schedule Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
- State of Alaska COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Clinical Resources for Each COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- Review of State Policies: COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution Plans (Child Care Aware of America)
Housing & Food
- Safety Net (Alaska Housing Finance Corporation): AHFC will temporarily reduce monthly rent paid by AHFC tenants who have lost income due to COVID-19, and AHFC will pay landlords the difference.
- Sign Up for Mortgage Relief Announcements (Alaska Housing Finance Corporation): AHFC is slated to receive an estimated $50 million to assist homeowners impacted by COVID-19. Sign up to receive upcoming announcements, including eligibility and the application process.
- Teacher, Health Professional, and Public Safety Housing grant program (Alaska Housing Finance Corporation): Nonprofits, school districts, state or local governments, Tribal entities and other groups can apply for funding to build or renovate housing to attract and retain targeted professionals to rural communities.
- Evictions during the COVID-19 Pandemic (Alaska Court System)
- Habitat for Humanity – Home Repair Program (email here for more info)
- No Kid Hungry – Find Free Meals for Children
- Food Bank of Alaska
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer Program for Families | En Espanol (Food Bank of Alaska, State of Alaska)
- Community Food Resources in Fairbanks North Star Borough
- Anchorage School District
- National Farm to School (and ECE) Network (NF2SN)
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Alaska Department of Labor – Unemployment
- Alaska Temporary Assistance Program
- Alaska 2-1-1: Questions about COVID-19? Call 2-1-1 or 800.478.2221 in areas without 2-1-1 access.
- The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021: Provides an extensive summary of resources relevant to Alaskans, tracking funds coming in as well as grant opportunities.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Print Resources in Multiple Languages
- Denali Kid Care: Text KIDCARE to 898-211 to find out if you’re eligible
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program: provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for qualifying households on qualifying Tribal lands.
- New Virtual Call Center reduces processing time for Alaskans seeking public assistance (State of Alaska)
Emotional Well-Being & Stress Management
Child Care Updates & Referrals
- thread: Child care referrals and updates on program openings/closures. Call 800.278.3723 between 9 am and 5 pm, or use our online search.
- Municipality of Anchorage: Map of open early childhood education programs in the municipality.
Tell Us Your Story
thread wants to hear from you about how COVID-19 is affecting your family. Share your story.