Share Your Story
Sharing our stories, whether we are parents, early childhood educators, or community members is one way to make our voices heard. Telling these personal stories is how we can make the issues come to life. When a hardship or inspirational story touches someone and causes them to take action, we know we’ve made a difference!
Meet real Alaskan families who have already shared with us their stories of resilience, child care, and life during the pandemic. Read their stories here.
Please fill out this form if you would like thread to share your story with others.
Need information about early childhood education in Alaska? thread is your go-to resource.
thread understands the needs of Alaska’s communities when it comes to early childhood education. thread provides resources and parenting support for thousands of families across the state each year, and staff are highly-trained experts on child development and quality standards for early education programs. thread also undertakes research and collects data on the early education
industry, including supply and demand, attributes of the workforce, and the industry’s impact on Alaska’s economy.
For media inquiries, or branding guidelines, contact Jenni Pollard, thread’s Chief Development and Marketing Officer, at 907.265.3126.
We Value Your Feedback
thread values your feedback and wants to hear from you if you have a need or are not satisfied with a service.
thread values continuous quality improvement—please share with us what is working well for you, and what services you like and would like to see more of. Tell us about a great experience you had with our staff. We are open to hearing your comments, ideas, and questions about our services. To share your feedback, email thread.
Concerns, Issues or Complaints
If you have a concern or complaint about our services, we want to hear from you and work with you to support your service needs. We invite you to contact us.
- For Family Services concerns or complaints including child care referrals and parent events/services, please contact: Family Service Manager Reanne Queja, email@example.com or 907.265.3120
Early Educators or Early Childhood Education Programs
- For Early Educator/Early Childhood Program services concerns or complaints including education and training and consultation services, please contact: Professional Development Director Jen Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.265.3124.
Learn & Grow
- For Learn & Grow concerns or complaints, please contact: Learn & Grow Director Meghan Johnson, email@example.com or 907.265.3104.
- For Alaska SEED including the Registry and financial reimbursement/award services concerns or complaints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.265.3194.
thread follows best practices for non-profits and adheres to the highest level of accountability in all aspects of operations.
- If you wish to talk to us about our business practices, please contact: thread CEO Stephanie Berglund, email@example.com or 907.265.3101.
- If you have a complaint, suspect fraud, or would like to file a formal grievance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is monitored by thread Board of Director members.