What is Advocacy & Ways to Engage
Demonstrating public support for a specific issue or policy.
Using your expertise and experience to educate policymakers and community members about child care and early learning. Your advocacy can elevate child care issues and create positive change that benefits children, families, and the communities where you live.
Advocacy matters because it…
- encourages positive change in child care systems
- creates awareness about child care needs
- gives a voice to child care providers & families
- develops professionalism within the workforce
- promotes issues important to children and families
- helps create stronger personal and professional networks