thread’s Online Training Policies
thread’s online training policies help provide the best training environment possible and respect all learners.
Updated Oct. 30, 2023
thread is currently offering all trainings online via Zoom.
To Register Online: Visit threadalaska.org/training. For instructions on how to register online, click here.
To Register by Phone: Southcentral and Southeast – 907.265.3100 | Northern Interior – 907.479.2214
- Registration closes two business days prior to the training start date.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis until the maximum number of seats has been filled, or the class is otherwise closed.
After You Register
- A training reminder email, with a link to access the Zoom training, will be sent one business day prior to the training date. If you don’t receive the reminder email, please check your junk folder.
- If you need further assistance, please contact thread during business hours:
Southcentral and Southeast – 907.265.3100 | Northern Interior – 907.479.2214
- All thread trainings are FREE until June 30, 2024.
- thread does not offer a waitlist for full or closed trainings at this time.
- If you register for training and are unable to attend, please contact thread to cancel your registration as soon as possible at:
- Southcentral and Southeast – 907.265.3100
- Northern Interior – 907.479.2214
What to Expect in the Training Classroom
It is thread’s goal to provide the best training environment and to respect all learners. For this reason we ask the following of all training participants:
- Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before training is scheduled to begin. (Entrance to training at some thread offices will be locked 15 minutes after the scheduled training start time. You will not be permitted to enter after that time.)
- Silence/turn off all electronics. If an emergency call/text arises, please step out of the training room so you don’t disturb others.
- Child care is not provided: therefore, no children are allowed in the training room during training. Anyone who brings a child to training will be asked to make other arrangements.
- Participants are welcome to bring food and refreshments during trainings. We ask that you please throw away your trash and leave your area clean when you leave.
- Sign-in sheets will be completed at the end of the training and the link to complete the training evaluation will be emailed to you within 48 hours of the training.
- You must be present for the entire training to receive attendance credit.
- Show respect for all other training participants by listening, asking questions as appropriate, and participating in activities, and saving side conversation for breaks.
What to Expect in the Online Classroom
- Plan to log-in 10-15 minutes before training is scheduled to begin.
- Please remain muted once training begins to prevent background disruption.
- Attend the entire training and demonstrate full participation. Partial credit is not given.
- Be present and visible on video camera for the entire class time.
- Show respect for all other training participants by listening, asking questions as appropriate, participating in activities, and saving side conversations for breaks.
- Once you join the virtual training, your attendance is captured.
Multiple Online Attendees
- If you are sharing the same device with other educators attending the training, please provide each person’s full name to ensure each qualifying educator gets credit.
- To receive training credit and a certificate:
- You must be pre-registered for that specific training. Early educators who participate, but are not pre-registered, will not receive credit.
- You must attend the entire training and demonstrate full participation. Partial credit is not given.
- You must be present and visible on video camera for the entire class time.
- For classes that require a self-reflection, both the training and self-reflection must be completed.
- You must complete the training evaluation within 24 hours of the training.
- If you recently attended a thread training and returned the training evaluation by the due date, you can expect to receive your certificate within 30 business days. If you need a transcript of other documentation sooner, please submit a transcript request form.
Questions, Feedback or Concerns?
If you have any questions, issues, feedback or concerns regarding training services, please email thread.