Schedule a meeting with your legislator
- Be flexible. Your meeting might be a video call, a phone call, or an in-person meeting.
- Stay local. Consider meeting with a federal legislator’s staff at the local office.
- Head to Juneau. Or request to meet within the policymaker’s district when the legislature isn’t in session.
- Email your meeting request. Then follow up with a phone call one to three days later.
- Don’t be discouraged. It can take time for them to respond.
- Give specific days and times. Consider letting them know when you’re available.
Good morning. I am writing to request a meeting with you to talk about the need for quality child care for working parents. If there is a time in the next week or two when you will be in the district holding office hours, I would appreciate a chance to come to your office to meet. I look forward to hearing back from you.
[Address, City, State, Zip]
[Phone number to reach you at]
[Web site if applicable]