It’s Work Together Wednesday—time to build something together! When children build together, they explore math and science concepts and develop their social and early literacy skills.
Collaborating with others helps children build the foundation for skills they’ll need to succeed later in the workplace. Learning to take turns, working as a team, finding solutions, giving and receiving feedback, and getting along with others are all important skills required for a strong workforce.
Explore some of these articles and activities from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) to help you celebrate.
For the Classroom
- STREAM Education at Work—No, at Play! A Toy-Making Unit
- Breaking Down STEAM For Young Children
- Explicando STEAM a los niños en edad escolar
- Engineering in Preschool: Building the Basis for Lifelong Problem Solving
- Planting the Seeds for Research Skills: Introducing Hypotheses in Preschool
- Five Essentials to Meaningful Play
- Message in a Backpack™ Choosing the Best STEM Activities for Your Child
- Mensaje en la mochila™ Cómo elegir las mejores actividades STEM para sus hijos
- پیام در کوله پشتی ™ (Message in a Backpack™) انتخاب بهترین فعالیت های علم ، فناوری ، مهندسی و ریاضی برای کودک خود
- How to Support Children’s Approaches to Learning: Play with Them!
- 10 Prop Boxes for Ideas: Mini Learning Centers at Home
- 10 Cajas Temáticas para Aprender
- From United States Census 2020: At-Home Activities That Showcase the Country’s Diversity