Today is Tasty Tuesday. Yum! The focus today is on healthy habits, such as choosing nutritious food and staying physically active. Childhood obesity has a serious impact on both physical and emotional health, so it’s important to establish healthy habits at an early age.
Cooking together is also a great learning experience for young children. Talk about the sense of taste when you try new foods. Develop your child’s motor skills by having him stir or pour. Teach math concepts like volume, addition, and subtraction while measuring ingredients. Introduce scientific concepts like chemical reactions while you are baking. There are so many learning opportunities!
Explore some of these articles and activities from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) to help you celebrate.
For the Classroom
- Taco Cookbook
- Tacos Anyone? Preschoolers Investigate a Taco Truck
- 14-Day Salad: Using Project-Based Learning to Grow Microgreens
- Cultivo de vegetales en 14 días: cómo usar el aprendizaje basado en proyectos para cultivar micro vegetales
- أربعة عشر يومًا لاستنبات نباتات السلطة:استخدام التعلم القائم على المشاريع لاستنبات نباتات المايكروغرين
- Centros de aprendizaje: Cocina