Due to a historic recall of certain types of baby formula, there is now a nationwide shortage. This situation has reached a crisis point for many families. In May, the Biden administration invoked the Defense Production Act, requiring suppliers to send needed ingredients to manufacturers.
In the meantime, you can:
- Talk to your pediatrician or healthcare provider about recommendations
- Reach out to Alaska 2-1-1 (alaska211.org) or Feeding America for help locating baby formula in your area
- Contact Women, Infant and Children Program (WIC) office to find out how they can help
- Stay up to date with current guidelines per the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Only buy from reputable sites and sellers. Review USA Today’s list of unexpected companies to purchase formula from.
- Contact your national legislators to share your family story