Alaska children ages 5 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Recently, the two-dose pediatric Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine was recommended for children by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and is currently the only vaccine available to children and teens ages 5-17.
Benefits of the COVID-19 Vaccine
Vaccinations are one of the best tools families have to fight COVID-19. Vaccines work with the immune system so it will be ready to fight the virus if exposed.
To learn more about the benefits of getting vaccinated, talk to your doctor, or check out these resources:
- Key Things to Know about COVID-19 Vaccines (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens (CDC)
- COVID Vaccine: What Parents Need to Know (Johns Hopkins Medicine)
- Myths & Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines (CDC)
- Five Reasons to Vaccinate (State of Alaska)
- Answers to FAQs about the COVID-19 Vaccine from the Alaska Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics (Alaska Children’s Trust)
To find a vaccine provider in your area, text your ZIP code to 438829, or use these resources: