Starbright South - Full time teacher, 4/10's
Company/Organization: Starbright South
Location: 1130 West Dimond Suite E
Application Dates: 07-14-2023
Assistant Teacher Job Responsibilities
This person is responsible for assisting the lead teacher in the general supervision and management of the classroom.
This person must:
- Be in the process of obtaining a CDA, AA in Early Childhood Development or an Early Childhood Development Certificate; actively working on the required 24 hours of yearly training.
- Meet the requirements of the Municipality of Anchorage Child Care licensing code.
- Have a current CPR/First Aid/AED certificate.
- Be warm and friendly and able to engage with children, staff, and parents.
- Be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others.
- Be able to relate well and understand children.
- Be able to fulfill his/her responsibilities in accordance with the facility’s philosophy.
- Be willing to work as a positive team member and actively work well with other staff.
- Ensuring the health and safety of all children is the greatest responsibility of all Starbright teachers.
- Assisting in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate lessons and learning activities as we as daily cleaning and organization/ maintenance and classroom management and transition times.
- Supervising the classroom when the lead teacher is not in the room.
- Must always maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school.
- Treating all the children with dignity and respect.
- Attending all staff meetings and other recommended training programs—Starbright in-service, thread trainings, UAA Childhood Development courses, CDA training sessions, etc.
- Participating in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Demonstrates a genuine interest and enthusiasm in learning about teaching young children with intent of becoming a lead teacher in the future.