Early Care Educator
Company/Organization: Open Arms Child Development Center
Location: 2980 Davids Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709
Application Dates: 08/1/2022
- Develops and implements developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Identifies and defines developmental domains: physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and communication.
- Monitors and supports children’s growth in all aspects of development.
- Maintains a safe, healthy, and positive learning environment, which enhances the developmental learning of children.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with the children, their families, staff, and volunteers.
- Along with another classroom support, teacher is responsible for daily classroom upkeeping, including but not limited to putting away supplies, and washing and sanitizing all toys and surfaces.
- Attends staff meetings, family staffing, and other scheduled meetings and required training.
- Uses observation and assessment tools in communication with families.
- Communicates major theories, research and issues relevant to child growth and development to families in a way that is meaningful
- Adheres to all State licensing regulations.
- Acts as a positive role model for children, especially about respecting the feelings and rights for others.
- Follows program procedures for reporting child abuse and neglect.
- Assists in keeping the building and playground area in a safe condition and good repair and observe all fire and sanitation code requirements.