April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month — a time to recognize that we all play a part in building strong families and communities that promote the healthy development of our children.
This Friday, April 1, is Go Blue Day. Wear blue to show your support and raise awareness for the prevention of child abuse and neglect. Then plan to attend one of several Go Blue rallies across the state hosted by Alaska Children’s Trust.
- Anchorage: Wells Fargo Bank Headquarters on C Street & Northern Lights Blvd (301 W Northern Lights Blvd) from 9 – 10 a.m. (outside)
- Barrow: Boys & Girls Club from 5 – 6 p.m.
- Bethel: Walk begins at Tundra Women’s Center and ends at Moravian Church for the 8th annual children’s fair (3pm)
- Fairbanks: Veteran’s Memorial Park (700 Cushman Street) from noon – 1 p.m.
- Homer: Homer Public Library (500 Hazel Ave.) from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Juneau: Capital Building on the front step from noon – 1 p.m.
- Mat-Su Valley: Wells Fargo Bank (1701 E Parks Hwy) from 9 – 10 a.m.
- Nome: Subway at 4 p.m. followed by Pinwheel garden planting at Old Saint Joe’s.
Learn more about how you can prevent child abuse at www.alaskachildrenstrust.org/prevention-resiliency/child-abuse-prevention-month.