families—have made and continue to make.
Here are a few ideas from veteran Carey Lohrenz on how
you can show your thanks this month to Alaska’s 22,000 active duty members and their families:
- SAY Thank you!
- Write a “Thank You” note to a family for what they’ve sacrificed.
- Provide job opportunities.
- Offer workplace flexibility.
- Offer to babysit. Imagine 6-9 months with no spouse at home to support you! Yup – let THAT sink in! Offer to babysit. Often it can be a sanity saver.
- Perform a random act of kindness for the family, while remaining anonymous.
- Volunteer your time. Rake their lawn or snowblow their driveway – every time it snows!
- Thank them publicly (on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for their sacrifice.
- Donate to a veterans’ charity on their behalf.
- ASK – “How can I help?”
What are ways you show fellow military families that you appreciate them? Tell us your stories.