Lead Preschool Teacher for Cooperative Preschool
Company/Organization: Anchorage Cooperative Preschool
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Application Dates: Jul 22, 2022
Anchorage Cooperative Preschool was founded in 1970 by a small group of parents who wanted children to have experiences individually and with other children and adults in a safe, positive and accepting environment. Children explore and grow in ACP's cooperative, play-based, child-focused programs, which are grounded in an emergent curriculum. We believe it is essential for family members to be in the classroom learning and participating with their children, and for care to be affordable.
We offer a beautiful one-room schoolhouse, recently updated, as well as a large outdoor play-space. Our child-to-teacher ratio is 10 to 1 with the additional support of parent helpers in the classroom. Our culture is creative, smart, and supportive. Please see our website for more information about our school, and to help determine if this position is right for you... https://www.preschoolacp.com
Qualifications for our Lead Teacher include 5 years or more of early childhood teaching experience as well as administrative skills. In addition, a philosophy of play-based learning and the cooperative preschool model is desired. Our ideal candidate will have:
- An AA or BA in Early Childhood Education
- Current SEED level 9 or ability to reach level 9
- Current pediatric first aid and CPR
- Four positive written references
- Positive background check
- Working knowledge of Child Care Licensing rules and regulations
- Completion of training hours as required by Child Care Licensing
Class hours are 9-2 Monday- Friday (Summer hours vary)
Planning, training, and classroom support hours are flexible.
- Educating children about fundamental concepts, such as colors, letters, numbers, and shapes.
- Monitoring free time on the playground.
- Communicating with parents to better understand the children's home lives and psyches.
- Writing up reports for parents on each child's developmental progress.