Director of Administration
Company/Organization: Denali Preschool and Learning Center (DPLC)
Location: Healy, AK
Application Dates: 03/31/2022
The Denali Preschool and Learning Center provides excellent, affordable childcare and early education opportunities to nurture children and promote stronger, healthier families in the rural communities of the Denali Borough.
Denali Preschool and Learning Center (DPLC) is a 1,900 square foot non-profit childcare and preschool located in Alaska’s interior near Denali National Park and Preserve in the town of Healy. We have many families enrolled in the center and provide community activities that benefit over 250 families of the greater Denali Borough.
- Contacting state and local regulatory agencies to ensure the center conforms to health, safety, and licensing regulations.
- Coordinating with the Board of Directors to update policies of admission, attendance, tuition, and educational goals.
- Manage a team of 6-12 child care workers, including hiring, scheduling, providing, professional development support, and training.
- Develop annual grant proposals, help manage grant projects, and complete reports.
- Oversee facility needs such as fuel supply, custodial needs, facility updates, etc.
- Engaging with prospective parents and providing Center orientations.
- Contacting agencies that evaluate children with possible IEP needs.
- Ensuring DPLC adheres to safety requirements such as conducting and recording fire drills, and ensuring appropriate documentation for operations, including staff training.
- Communicating child needs with parents/ guardians and providing clear verbal and written reports on children’s performance.
- Act as a child care worker when not fulfilling administrative duties
Physical and Mental Demands:
- The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, and speaking; specific visual abilities are also required.
- Ability to bend, reach, and occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with small children, students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Educational requirements by the state of Alaska: 12 semester hours of college credit in Early Childhood Development, Child Development, or Child Psychology OR BA or BS degree in an alternate field with a minimum of 3 hours in child development.
- Experience in classroom management and navigating challenging behaviors while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
- Desire to create a work and play environment that fosters curiosity and growth, with an emphasis on developing social and emotional skills.
- Ability to pass required background checks
- Mandated reporter training or ability to obtain
- CPR/First Aid Certified or ability to obtain
- Familiarity with Alaska state licensing requirements of a daycare facility.
- Ability to share essential information appropriately with team members to aid in the execution of individual student programs.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on tasks independently.
- Basic computer literacy skills including word processing, printing, and e-mail
Hourly wages are negotiable based upon abilities, training, education, and experience.
All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
Download the Complete Job Description