Total Grants Distributed Statewide: $4,549,700
- Short-term assistance for licensed child care programs to remain open.
- Total Programs Awarded: 398
- Average Payout: $11,431
- Children Enrolled (self report): 9,073
- Desired Enrollment (self report): 14,401
Status of Child Care at Phase I
- Majority of child care programs owners were concerned about their future business stability.
- Ninety-six owners were not receiving a salary in order to cover operational expenses.
- Child care enrollment was down overall, specifically in child care centers and after-school programs.
- Child care programs were experiencing labor shortages.
- Family access to child care was worse than pre-COVID, especially for children with special needs.