March is National Nutrition Month
March 07, 2019
March is National Nutrition Month®. This annual education campaign by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics focuses on the importance of making informed
food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Here are some ideas for you to engage children and parents at your early childhood education program:
- Bring in food magazines and make a collage of healthy foods.
- Make it a game! Offer a selection of fruits and vegetables cut into bite-size pieces. Ask participants to taste and vote for their favorite vegetables
- Start a program vegetable garden by planting seeds indoors.
- Take a field trip to a local farmers market or farm.
- Highlight ethnic and cultural food traditions. Offer special menu items from international cuisines or regional foods of the US.
Need more ideas? Check here.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the
nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the Academy at eatright.org.
Back to view all blog posts