The following broadcast was released by the Child Care Program Office on May 16, 2022.
The State of Alaska Child Care Program Office has partnered with First Children’s Finance (FCF) to hold several focus group conversations with families across Alaska in May. The goal of these conversations is to better understand families experience with finding and affording child care, including using the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP).
Specifically, the conversations will focus on:
- What families consider when choosing child care
- Experience using the Child Care Assistance Program
- The impact of child care costs on the family budget
What is shared during the focus groups may be used to shape changes to the Child Care Assistance Program. Any information shared will be anonymous and will not impact participation in the Child Care Assistance program or the child care provider. FCF will share information back with the Child Care Program Office and Division of Public Assistance at a summary level.
Conversations will take place virtually via Zoom. Participants will receive a $20 Visa gift card as a thank you.
Groups are being kept small for these conversations so FCF can hear from everyone who attends. To help keep the groups small, please register ahead of time on Zoom. If registration shows as closed that means we’ve hit our registration limit. We thank you for your interest!
There are 2 opportunities to participate this month. Register today to reserve your spot!
- May 24: Private Pay Families that are not eligible for Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) on May 24, 2022 from 7:00-8:00pm. REGISTER HERE
- May 31: Eligible Families for Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) but not currently authorized on May 31, 2022 from 7:00-8:00pm. REGISTER HERE