The following broadcast was released by the Alaska Child Care Program Office on Jan. 21, 2022
This is a follow up reminder that the Phase 2 – Child Care Stabilization Grant program application will be available on Wednesday, January 26th. Once again, the Child Care Program Office (CCPO) is partnering with thread, Alaska’s Child Care Resource & Referral Network, to administer the second phase of grants. Application will be available on January 26th on thread’s website at threadalaska.org/covidrelief. An overview of the eligibility and application process follows for this disaster relief funding opportunity.
We are pleased that thread will again be available to offer technical assistance for all providers during the grant application and award process. Applicants may consider the following:
- Eligibility is based on federal guidelines and is available to providers that:
- (1) are licensed child care providers who are open or temporarily closed due to COVID-19 and planning to reopen OR
- (2) are approved (Relative or In-Home) child care providers on or before March 11, 2021 and still approved at the time of application. For programs that are temporarily closed, there will be additional information required in the application to determine eligibility or funding amounts for phase 2.
- Amount: Phase 2 will use approximately $15 million in ARPA funds, which will be awarded by licensed capacity for:
- Licensed homes and group homes at $650 per child
- Licensed child care centers at $1100 per child
- Note: School-aged only programs that are licensed child care centers will receive $1100 per child. Recognizing the timing of this phase, the CCPO wanted to support programs through the summer and the increased cost of care during these months.
- Bonuses: Awards will also include flat rate bonuses for programs participating in Learn and Grow and/or the Child Care Assistance Program at the time the application is submitted, in keeping with our objective to improve affordability and quality for families.
- Application: The CCPO has worked with thread to develop an application that is easy to use and meets federal requirements. Program owners or administrators can begin preparing the following information for use on the Phase 2 application:
- Program information (legal business name, ICCIS number, mailing address, etc.)
- Program license- Please have your license handy. If temporarily closed, your reopening date.
- Current enrollment and desired capacity numbers
- Use of Phase 1- COVID-19 Child Care Stabilization grant funds, if received. Please refer to the Office of Child Care for more information on the acceptable uses of stabilization grant funds.
- W-9 – completed and signed irs.gov
Resources to support you in helping to complete your application will be available soon. Please refer to thread’s website at www.threadalaska.org/covidrelief/ for more information. Application questions can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions about this broadcast, please contact the CCPO by phone (907) 269-4500, fax (907) 269-4536, or email email@example.com.
Child Care Program Office
Phone (907) 269-4500
Fax (907) 269-4536