Company/Organization: Center for Child Development
Location: Providence Alaska Medical Center, Anchorage
Application Dates: 05/12/2021
Providence is calling a Teacher Assistant Child Development (Center for Child Development, Days, 1.0 FTE) at the Providence Health System Alaska in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Communicate appropriately (verbal and written) with children, parents/families, teaching and management teams.
- Assist in program implementation by preparing and facilitating developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Complete forms and records related to children’s development and learning experiences.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safe, organized, well supplied and varied learning environment
- Meet licensing requirements and NAEYC Accreditation standards for continuing education. Complete required Providence Web-based courses through Healthstream. Complete the Child Development Associate ( CDA ), a national early childhood certification credential
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy environment through adequate supervision of children and implementation of infection control procedures.
- Help to ensure the safety of equipment and materials.
- Comply with licensing and NAEYC Accreditation standards while implementing developmentally appropriate practice.
- Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Complete initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Infant/Child CPR certification within 30 days of hire date
- Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Child Development Associate (CDA), national early childhood certification credential Child care experience