Company/Organization: Best beginnings
Application Dates: 12/1/2021
Best Beginnings is a public-private partnership that mobilizes people and resources to ensure all Alaska children begin school ready to succeed.
This position has two major responsibilities: ensure Anchorage Imagination Library, a program of Best Beginnings, runs smoothly and efficiently to provide Anchorage area children 0-5 and their families access to free, age-appropriate books and other resources; and provide backbone support for Best Beginnings staff and Board of Directors.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), grant-funded, non-exempt position. Filling this position is a priority for Best Beginnings.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Anchorage Imagination Library
- Develop an annual work plan, with recommended program direction, goals, and budget.
- Oversee program work plan execution and evaluation.
- Oversee database management and reporting.
- Act as primary program contact for phone and email communications from parents.
- Maintain existing relationships with enrollment partners and work to identify new ones that serve program goals.
- Provide support and coordination for in-person or virtual family engagement activities and events.
- As COVID-19 allows, manage volunteers for Anchorage Imagination Library including volunteer intake, relationship management, conducting background checks, maintaining volunteer job descriptions and commitments, and volunteer recognition.
- Process undeliverable Imagination Library books for redistribution.
- Manage short- and long-term file and data storage to keep documents current and organized.
- Maintain files and records for accounts payable, accounts receivable, vendors, etc.
- Process invoices for payment and make bank deposits.
- Take board meeting minutes and maintain organizational documents, permits, licenses, etc.
- Support the executive director and staff in communications with donors, board members, and the general public.
- Pick up mail on at least a weekly basis, and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Oversee management of office equipment and supplies.
- Assist with storage and distribution of early learning materials, including undeliverable books.
- Assist with annual audit and 990 preparations, and monitor required reports
- Assist with logistics, including travel arrangements, for in-person or virtual board meetings, training events, and fundraising and sponsorship events.
- Contribute to the overall strategies for accomplishing Best Beginnings’ goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree required, BA preferred, in education, business administration, or related field or relevant work experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attitudes
- Enthusiastic about Best Beginnings’ mission.
- Eager to explore new ideas, learn new skills.
- Ability to maintain effective communication with Anchorage Imagination Library volunteers, Best Beginnings staff, other partners, and members of the community.
- Experience with volunteer management a plus.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and community members in a variety of settings.
- Ability to work independently, develop and implement efficient procedures, and prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Mac computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and database systems.
- Prior experience with project and/or program management and reporting.
- Knowledge and appreciation of Alaska’s cultural, geographic, and economic diversity.
- Alaska driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured automobile to be used for work-related travel in the Anchorage area are required.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before employment begins.
Submission InstructionsPlease email (with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line) or mail a letter of interest and resume to:
Abbe Hensley, Executive Director
3350 Commercial Drive, Suite 104A Anchorage, Alaska 99501
907.297.3301 direct line