Professional Development Specialist - Head Start (Preschool 3-5)
Company/Organization: CCS Early Learning
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Application Dates: 10/13/2022
Support the implementation of high-quality teaching and instructional practices to enhance the impact of teacher-child interactions to achieve positive outcomes for children. Use research-based strategies to support adult learning and professional development of teachers (all classroom staff).
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of teaching experience in early childhood.
- Experience providing and implementing Early Childhood Education service activities and training for teaching staff and/or parents
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education theory and NAEYC best practices, including child development, developmentally appropriate practices for typically developing children and children with special needs, naturalistic and formal means of assessment, individualizing, planning, special services, referrals, developing and maintaining a classroom environment and routines and classroom management
- Familiar with current research and understand how that research can be translated into classroom instruction
- Knowledge of best practices to model and able to apply professional knowledge to work with adult learners
- Able to work and communicate with culturally, linguistically, developmentally, and age-diverse groups
- Able to communicate self-confidence yet remain open to other perspectives
- Must have experience in establishing and maintaining positive, trusting, supportive relationships with teaching staff and families
- Friendliness, empathy and respect for staff balanced with the ability to individualize according to learning style and background
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- This position requires driving. A valid Alaska Drivers License and proof of vehicle insurance is required