Lead Preschool Teacher
Company/Organization: Anchor Lutheran School
Location: 8100 Arctic Blvd, Dimond and Arctic Blvd., Anchorage
Application Dates: 3/18/2021 through 4/30/2021
We are searching for a Lead Teacher to join us for our 3-5 year old preschool program. If you believe in enriching a child’s early learning experiences through play, faith, and a loving learning environment we are the place for you.
“The mission of Anchor Lutheran School is to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the children and families whom we touch, and to provide quality, relevant education and Christian awareness that will prepare children to become life-long learners and successful adults.”
Job Responsibilities: full time shift (M-F 7:30am - 4pm), planning daily lesson plans, supervision of students and teacher aides, share in positive communication with families/peers, ensuring child safety, recording student attendance, & ensure all student needs are met on a daily basis. In return, we offer a supportive and positive work environment, continual professional development, paid vacation/sick days, and benefits.
Qualifications required for this position are:
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Qualifications should include completed CDA, equivalent certification/credential OR educational equivalent; preferred qualifications would be a bachelor's degree
- Experience in early childhood education
- Experience in early education Pediatric CPR/First Aid and Food Handler’s, or willingness to complete them
- Four (4) professional references
- Clear fingerprint and background checks
- Willing to complete a minimum of 24 hours of professional development annually