Company/Organization: Joy Child Development Center
Location: Eagle River, AK
Application Dates: Until filled
Responsible for meal and snack planning, preparation, service, ordering, storing, clean-up and record keeping for participation in USDA food program.
Scheduling depends upon the monthly enrollment, daily attendance and staffing analysis. Work week includes Monday through Friday between the hours of 6:30am to 6:30pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack-ensure that all meals are correctly portioned for each classroom.
- Prepare grocery list based on menus.
- Shop for groceries and supplies.
- Responsible for monthly inventory.
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly cleaning of kitchen.
- Responsible for record keeping necessary for CACFP food program.
- Compete weekly menus.
- Provide for health and safety of children.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding child and family matters.
- Respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Attend monthly staff meeting and in-service training.
- Participate in center-sponsored child-family activities which occasionally fall outside of the normal work day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- While a teacher in classrooms: model family style dining to all ages, help children to wash hands appropriately, call roll for meal counts, use correct serving utensils for the correct portions of each age group.
- Have read, understand, and agree to abide by the personnel policies and procedures of this agency.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Food handling certification (or be willing to obtain).
- 6 months of food service preferred.
- Positive security clearance based on result of state and federal fingerprint check.
- Current First aid and CPR certification.
Ability to work positively with parents, children and staff.
Ability to perform elementary math functions.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs.
- Ability to stay awake at all times while on the job.
- Ability to shop and carry supplies.
- Position entails exposure to a wide range of children illnesses.