Company/Organization: Boys & Girls Clubs Alaska
Application Dates: 05/2023
Job Type: Full-time
Responsible for the day-to-day Clubhouse Operations at the assigned Club including leadership, resource management, staffing and supervision. Club Managers also facilitate training, planning, and implementation of appropriate youth methods and programs that are the core of the Club experience. This position also manages community relations and facility management at their site and surrounding community. The ideal candidate for this position will value and promote the perspectives and traditions of their immediate community, lead programs and initiatives to maintain world class services within their assigned Club, and actively expand their overall participation and patronage by members.
Boys & Girls Club Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Boys & Girls Club Vision: To provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Boys & Girls Clubs of America Pillars: Through targeted and meaningful programs, Clubs are working to provide a world-class Club experience that ensures success is within reach of every young person. All members are on track to achieve our priority outcomes:
- Academic Success – Graduating from high school ready for college, trade school, military, or employment
- Character & Leadership – Being an engaged citizen who is involved in the community, registering to vote, and modeling strong character
- Healthy Lifestyles – Adopting a nutritious diet, practicing healthy lifestyle choices, and making a lifelong commitment to fitness
Boys & Girls Clubs – Alaska Pillars:
- Provide DEI-centric, best-in-class child services & youth programming.
- Provide high-quality integrated, educational, athletic, behavioral, job skill development programming.
- Develop financial and funding models that ensure long-term sustainability.
- Hire and develop the highest skilled, qualified, and diverse workforce.
- Ensure proper administrative, staff and board, infrastructure/internal operations are in place to support BGC Alaska’s growth and development.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Tier 1 Clubhouse Manager: Typically supervises 5 or less Club staff and facilitates operations for less than 70 youth in average daily attendance.
Tier 2 Clubhouse Manager: Typically supervises more than 5 Club staff and facilitates operations for more than 70 youth in average daily attendance.
Leadership & Operations
- Establish, facilitate, evaluate and maintain effective Club programs, practices and services that provide a world class experience for youth
- Ensure the Club is safe, clean and attractive through evaluation and maintenance
- Recruit, supervise and train Club staff in a variety of topics including orientation, youth methods, organizational policies, and programming
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, training, and supervision to maintain high quality services and positive volunteer outcomes
- Demonstrate commitment to career development and world class services through innovation, personal career development, and ownership of Club operations
Marketing and Public Relations
- Market Club services to local schools, organizations and community
- Manage Club social media and ensure consistent messaging and community outreach
- Develop and maintain local partnerships with stakeholders, schools, community leaders
- Lead positive, professional relationships with families and the community
- Facilitate relationships and communication with local groups for grant reporting, donations, volunteers, etc. as required by Clubhouse Operations
- Manage Club fiscal and physical resources including monitoring budget, tracking expenses, and reporting expenses as they occur, monthly and annually
- Manage technology, tools, equipment, including ensuring relevant staff training
- Maintain facility security and safety, including facilitating community relations related to leases, maintenance, etc.
- Manage community center responsibilities as applicable, including staffing non-traditional hours, managing rentals, advertising, calendar management, and inspecting facilities used
- Work with Clubhouse Operations to plan and implement membership and program attendance goals
- Partner with stakeholders and Clubhouse Operations to expand membership base and areas served
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Note: If you meet most qualifications, have diverse experiences, and a passion for serving Alaska’s youth, you’re welcome to apply.
Tier 1 Clubhouse Manager: Associates Degree (A.A) from an accredited college or university in a related field preferred; OR willingness to complete an employer supported education completion plan for a related A.A. within 3 years
Tier 2 Clubhouse Manager: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from an accredited college or university in a related field preferred; OR willingness to complete an employer supported education completion plan for a related B.A. within 6 years
- 5+ years of experience with youth required
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Suite required
- Experience with budgeting and purchasing preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to achieve and maintain first aid and CPR certification
- Must pass a name-based and fingerprint criminal records background check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, stand, see, utilize fine and gross motor manipulation, and climbing ramps, stairs and/or into planes. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work in outside weather conditions, and the noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Our organization participates in payroll through direct deposit and all employees are required to main a valid bank account during the course of their employment.
Boys & Girls Club is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. The Club does not discriminate against any individual based on any protected status. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all Boys & Girls Club facilities.
Download the Complete Job Description