Company/Organization: Puffin Heights Montessori
Location: 1000 W 20th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99503
Application Dates: 02/01/2023
Puffin Heights is a private preschool in Anchorage, Alaska, and we have been educating our community for over 40 years! Our current Owner/Director has been with the school for over 20 of those years! We are a tight knit group of educators that have a passion for Montessori and our community at large. We are looking for a fun-loving individual who shares that same spirit to join our already stellar group of educators.
We are seeking several assistant teachers in both our Pre-K and Toddler classrooms. Current MACTE-accredited students are strongly encouraged to apply to complete your year-long practicum; assistance with relocation and housing costs will be considered for the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and guide children during lunch, nap or on excursions (all weather) and assist in the implementation or daily program activities together with the Lead Teacher and other assistants.
- Display professionalism when communicating with staff, students, and families.
- Working with children ages 15 months – 6 years old in a loving and nurturing way, with a healthy respect for the child’s independence.
- Attend professional development meetings and school events as a member of the Puffin community.
- Display a loving and caring demeanor to implement positive discipline methods that align with the schools’ high standards of caregiving.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Will commit to serving our students for at least one full school year.
- Have experience in a Montessori classroom.
- 2 years of full-time work experience.
- MACTE or AMS accredited Montessori Credential or are currently enrolled in a training program.
We are willing to invest in training costs for the right candidate.
We offer very competitive wages, paid time off, 3 weeks paid vacation per year in addition to accrued PTO, tuition reimbursement, professional development allowance, and advancement opportunities for dedicated individuals. Fulltime employees qualify for health benefit reimbursement after 1 year.
Download the Complete Job Description