Last week, you shared your voice to tell our legislators that you care about Alaska’s future, especially for our children and families.
While the veto override efforts were not successful, there is still hope and time to change our course! The legislature is taking testimony this week on House Bill 2001, which restores the vetoed operating budget that was previously passed by the legislature. See this important bill.
What You Can Do!
Show your support of House Bill 2001 by providing testimony here:
Wednesday, June 17: Fairbanks
2 to 7 pm
- In-person: Fairbanks LIO (1292 Sadler Way # 308)
- Phone-in from statewide: 844-586-9085
- Phone-in from Juneau: 907-586-9085
- Phone-in from Anchorage: 907-563-9085
- Please write your legislators and thank those who courageously voted to support a veto override, asking them to keep supporting our families, children and communities. If your legislator didn’t vote to support the overrides, please email and ask them to convene for upcoming budget discussions.
- Sign up for thread’s Action Center today!
- Follow Save Our State and stay up to date on what’s happening near you
There is still time for you to make a difference for Alaska’s young children and families. Thank you for your advocacy!
- NEW! Legislative Update: Gov. Dunleavy officially calls special session in Juneau – Read KTVA article
- Why did the veto override fail? – Read ADN Op-Ed
- Time to ACT – A call to action to override the Governor’s vetoes – Watch video
- Early Care & Education: A smart investment with a big return today & tomorrow –Watch video