Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential
The Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential (AK-ECAC) is a series of content specific trainings designed to provide administrators
with knowledge in numerous areas. These content areas have been identified by a statewide advisory panel of early childhood professionals
as foundational to any program administrator in order to help provide a quality early childhood education program.
Benefits of Earning the AK-ECAC
- Advance your career
- Meet job requirements
- Reinforce your commitment to early childhood education
- Provide parents with peace of mind.
- Understand developmentally appropriate practice
- Increase your confidence
To see a list of Alaska SEED approved trainings and options which fulfill the AK-ECAC requirements, click here.
Am I Eligible to Earn an AK-ECAC?
To be eligible to apply for an AK-ECAC, you must:
- Gather any training certificates and/or transcripts you have and upload them to them to your Alaska SEED profile (for university transcripts, include course descriptions/syllabi).
- *Arrange a time to talk with a Learn & Grow Professional Development Specialist to review transcripts and determine what AK-ECAC trainings you have completed.*For applicants working in programs NOT participating in Learn & Grow, contact Nancy Roman, Alaska SEED’S Statewide Systems Coordinator
- *Work with your program’s thread Professional Development Specialist (PDS) who will help review your transcripts and determine what AK-ECAC content areas you have completed. *For applicants working in a program participating in Learn & Grow
- The AK-ECAC is a stand alone credential. It is also a requirement with Learn & Grow, Alaska’s Quality Recognition and Improvement System (QRIS). For more information on Learn & Grow, click here.
- Fill out the application form!
PLEASE NOTE: Paper applications will no longer be accepted after 10.01.2023.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 907.265.3194.