thread is excited to announce a new, improved Alaska SEED Registry portal experience is coming in 2023! In preparation for this change, the current Alaska SEED Registry portal will close at 5:00 pm on November 1, 2022.
What this means for Alaska SEED members’ participation during the transition:
- New/Renewal Alaska SEED Registry Applications: New or renewal Alaska SEED Registry applications will not be available to submit online from November 1st until the new portal launches. However. Alaska SEED will continue to process new/renewal applications during this transition. To apply, download a fillable PDF form or paper application here and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Profile Updates: You will not be able to access your Alaska SEED Registry profile during the portal transition. This means you will not be able to update your personal information, employment, education, training certificates, and credentials via the current portal. Please update your profile before November 1 as needed. After November 1, we ask that you hold any profile updates until the new portal is available next year.
- Alaska SEED Reimbursements: The application process for Professional Development Reimbursements, Pre-Travel Reimbursements, and CDA Application/Renewal Awards will remain the same through the portal transition. For reimbursement information and application forms, visit Financial Support on the Alaska SEED website.
- Alaska SEED Trainer and Training Approval: The application process to become an Alaska SEED-approved Trainer or submit an Alaska SEED-approved Training will remain the same through the portal transition. For information about these processes and to apply, visit Alaska SEED Trainer and Training Approval on the Alaska SEED website.
- Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential (AK-ECAC): The application process to obtain an Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential will remain the same through the portal transition. For information about the credential and to apply, visit Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential on the Alaska SEED website.
New Portal FAQs
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
Can I join the Alaska SEED Registry while the portal is closed?
Yes! Alaska SEED is currently accepting paper applications only. Download PDFs of the application in the “how to join” section above.
I am an active member of the Alaska SEED Registry. What happened to my profile that was in the previous portal?
If you are active/current in the Alaska SEED Registry (not expired), your profile has automatically been moved into the new database. You may be asked to review/update your profile information when the new portal launches to ensure your profile is accurate and complete.
If you are not current in the Alaska SEED Registry (expired) but your expiration date is on or after January 1, 2020, your profile has automatically been moved into the new database.
If you have a renewal coming up, you will receive an email reminder to renew your Alaska SEED Registry 90-days prior to your expiration date.
Will I need to upload all my documents again into the new portal?
No. All profiles that have been moved into the new database will retain all their supporting education/training documents. Alaska SEED is currently working to transition supporting education/training documentation to the new database.
You will have the ability to add future education/training records via the new online portal. In the meantime, education/training documentation submitted to Alaska SEED (before the new online portal launch) will be reviewed and added to your profile in the new database.
When will the new portal open?
Our team is working hard to finalize the new portal experience in the coming months! Thank you for your patience and understanding as we complete this exciting journey to better serve you. Watch the thread and Alaska SEED website for more information and dates.
For questions or support, please email email@example.com.