The Child Care Program Office (CCPO) is pleased to announce that the application period is OPEN for a new non-competitive child care grant titled: Focus on Child Care Grant: Building Resilience Post Pandemic. The funding for this grant is possible through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Supplemental Fund.
Additional funding is also available to eligible programs located in the Municipality of Anchorage with a grant from the Municipality of Anchorage’s Assembly and Mayor’s Office. The CCPO is partnering with thread, Alaska’s Child Care Resource & Referral Network, to administer this grant application.
Please note: The application period is January 18th, 2024- February 19, 2024
The following program types are eligible to apply:
- Licensed Child Care Center
- Licensed Group Home
- Licensed Family Child Care
- Licensed Afterschool/School-age Program
- Approved Relative or In-Home Care
- Programs must be open on the date of application and certify they will remain open for three months following receipt of funds.
- Programs not licensed through the State of Alaska Child Care Program Office or Municipality of Anchorage.
- Programs not opened as of February 19th, 2024.
We are pleased that thread will be offering technical assistance for providers during the grant application and award process. Please click here to visit thread’s website for frequently asked questions and resources to help you with your application preparation: Focus on Child Care- FAQ Webpage. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org