In May 2020, Alaska SEED updated its policies and procedures to support Alaska’s early childhood educators during COVID-19.
Alaska SEED has been pleased to extend the deadline for reimbursement applications during this time. Based on feedback from the field, Alaska SEED will soon be returning to the pre-COVID policy.
Starting October 1, 2021, the following policy will be reinstated:
- 60-day policy on all Alaska SEED reimbursement applications. Starting October 1, please submit completed applications and proof of completion within 60 business days of completing the training and education to receive reimbursement. This applies to the following:
- Professional Development Reimbursement (PDR) Application
- Pre-Travel Reimbursement Application
- CDA Application/Renewal Award (Please note: there is still the option of requesting that Alaska SEED pay the CDA application, or renewal fee, directly to the Council for Professional Recognition. Contact Alaska SEED for more information.)
The following will still be available:
- Training and education reimbursements: Alaska SEED will continue to pay 100% of your training and education costs up to $1,500 through a PDR. Click here for details.
- Help completing Alaska SEED reimbursement applications: The Alaska SEED team is here to help with your applications. Contact Alaska SEED for assistance!
As a reminder, all thread trainings are free through the end of June 2022 and are available online statewide. Visit thread’s training calendar for available times and topics.
Thank you for your cooperation as we adapt our policies to best serve you. Alaska SEED looks forward to continuing to support your professional development.