Why Choose a Learn & Grow Program?
Science tells us that the first five years are a critical time for brain development. In fact, your baby is forming more than 1 million new neural connections every second! Your child’s early experiences and environment have a lasting impact. Research shows that children who have access to high-quality early childhood education do better in school, are healthier, and are more likely to graduate and find employment.
That is why it’s important for your child to have high-quality early care and education. Quality early childhood education programs are dedicated to meeting the following standards:
- Administrators use available supports and resources to assure professional development is available to staff, that staff are paid a living wage, and staff have the necessary planning and coaching supports available to meet the individual needs of children.
- Staff have received early childhood training and education specifically covering: social emotional development; how to partner with families; how to arrange their environment to provide multiple learning opportunities both indoor and outdoor; and how to use curriculum, observation, and assessment to plan engaging, developmentally appropriate learning for each child.
- Staff work at children’s level and have positive conversations to solve problems and expand language.
- Staff know how to create environments where they can follow the child’s lead to encourage exploration and learning through the day and their play.
- The program environment is safe, healthy, and secure. The program meets all State of Alaska or Municipality of Anchorage licensing standards and is in good standing.