April is National Child Abuse Prevention month, a time when child wellness and welfare organizations across the country boost the importance of programs that put children and families first. thread is kicking off this month by celebrating Go Blue Day! In partnership with Alaska Children’s Trust thread will Go Blue on Friday, March 31st, 2023.
Go Blue Day is a way to raise public awareness about child abuse. It is a time to acknowledge the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and promote children’s and families social and emotional well-being. Child abuse is preventable, and all communities benefit when children and families are well supported.
“Building Together for Prevention” is this year’s theme. Join thread in spreading the word on child abuse prevention. Here’s a list of ways you can support Go Blue Day and get involved!
- Check out the Go Blue activity kit for tons of blue creativity!
- Wear blue, paint your nails blue, or use color shampoo to make your hair blue.
- Use blue food coloring to make your food blue. You could make blue pancakes or drink blue milk.
- Change your Zoom background to a Go Blue one. You can download one for free here.
- Find a fun event to attend in your community!
Let’s celebrate Go Blue Day, the kickoff to Child Abuse Prevention Month by building positive childhood experiences for all children. Don’t forget to share your support on social media and use #WearBlueDay2023.