From keeping up with health and safety protocols, to guiding, nurturing, and teaching – Alaska’s early educators are essential to Alaska’s young children and families every day!
Join thread on Friday, May 6, to celebrate Provider Appreciation Day 2022.
Ideas for Celebrating
There are so many ways to show appreciation for the work that goes into educating our young children. Check out these tips from the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Send a thank you card to share your words of appreciation.
- Have children draw pictures to send to their early educators.
- Send messages of appreciation to providers through a text or email or face-to-face.
- Give a gift of gratitude that may include classroom supplies, gift cards for personal use, or delivery of lunch.
- Provide a special hero discount or coupon.
- Hang a poster or sign on your window or door thanking providers.
- Share a “thank you” through a letter, email, or social media post.
- Donate supplies / groceries for a child care program or classroom.
- Donate pampering / self-care gifts.
- Adopt / Sponsor a child care program.
- Join the #ThankYouChildCare Twitter chat on May 6, hosted by Child Care Aware® of America to express your gratitude. Learn more here.
- thread Awards — Attend the thread Awards ceremony, recognizing the many achievements in early education on May 6 at 6 pm on Facebook Live.