May 12th is Provider Appreciation Day. Join thread in celebrating early childhood educators across Alaska. Working in the early childhood education sector is important work. Early educators provide essential care and stability so that working families can do their jobs each day. Even during the most unprecedented of times, they ensure young children learn and grow in a safe, healthy, and playful environment. Today’s child care professionals are the world’s unsung heroes. The contribution these individuals make to the quality of children’s and families lives frequently goes unnoticed. Alaskan early educators prepare Alaska’s children for a lifetime of success!
Provider Appreciation Day offers a unique opportunity to recognize and commend the unselfish dedication, commitment, and compassion that child care professionals bring to work every day. We encourage all of Alaska to join thread in thanking our early educators on May 12th.
Want to go the extra mile in showing your appreciation? Here are some ideas:
- Send flowers or a handwritten note of appreciation.
- Work with your child to create a special remembrance.
- Buy something for your educator’s play area.
- Check to see if your employer provides scholarships for toys, equipment, or training that you can sponsor as a parent.
- Bring your educator coffee or a special drink to start the day.
Happy Provider Appreciation Day, 2023 to all the early childhood educators. Keep Calm and Care On!