thread’s Online Training Policies
Updated December 20, 2022
thread is currently offering all trainings online via Zoom. thread’s online training policies help provide the best training environment possible and respect all learners.
To Register Online: Visit threadalaska.org/training. For instructions on how to register online, click here.
To Register by Phone: Southcentral and Southeast – 907.265.3100 | Northern Interior – 907.479.2214
- Registration closes two business days prior to the training start date.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis until the maximum number of seats has been filled, or the class is otherwise closed.
After You Register
- A training reminder email, with a link to access the Zoom training, will be sent two business days prior to the training date. If you don’t receive the reminder email, please check your junk folder.
- After you receive the reminder email and prior to the training:
- Test your Zoom sound and video prior to the training here
- Test the Zoom link for the training. These steps will ensure you are ready to participate!
- If you need further assistance, please contact thread:
Southcentral and Southeast – 907.265.3100 | Northern Interior – 907.479.2214 |
Email – [email protected]
- All thread trainings are FREE until June 30, 2023.
- thread does not offer a waitlist for full or closed trainings at this time.
- If you register for training and are unable to attend, please contact thread to cancel your registration as soon as possible at:
- Southcentral and Southeast – 907.265.3100
- Northern Interior – 907.479.221
What to Expect in the Online Classroom
- Plan to log-in 10-15 minutes before training is scheduled to begin.
- Please remain muted once training begins to prevent background disruption.
- Attend the entire training and demonstrate full participation. Partial credit is not given. (See Training Credit & Certificate for information about full participation.)
- Be present and visible on video camera for the entire class time.
- Show respect for all other training participants by listening, asking questions as appropriate, participating in activities, and saving side conversations for breaks.
- Once you join the virtual training, your attendance is captured. Sessions are recorded.
- If you are sharing the same device with other educators attending the training, please provide each person’s full name to ensure each qualifying educator gets credit.
Training Credit & Certificate
- To receive training credit and a certificate:
- You must be pre-registered for that specific training. Early educators who participate, but are not pre-registered, will not receive credit.
- You must be present and visible on video camera for the entire class time. (effective 4/1/21)
- You must attend the entire training and demonstrate full participation. Partial credit is not given.
- An important note about your participation. thread works to provide a quality professional development experience. Your full participation gives you all the benefits of attending the training. Full participation means that you are present and fully focused on the training, and are not participating in other activities such as driving, shopping, sleeping, and household chores. We appreciate you being there!
- You must complete the training evaluation within 24 hours of the training.
- If you recently attended a thread training and returned the training evaluation by the due date, you can expect to receive your certificate within 30 business days. If you need a transcript or other documentation sooner, please submit a transcript request form.
Questions, Feedback or Concern?
If you have any questions, issues, feedback or concerns regarding training services, please email thread.