Training & Payment Policies
What to Expect in the Classroom
It is thread’s goal to provide the best training environment and to respect all learners. For this reason, we ask the following of all training participants:
- Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before training is scheduled to begin. (Entrance to training at some thread offices will be locked 15 minutes after the scheduled training start time. You will not be permitted to enter after that time.)
- Silence/turn off electronic devices. If an emergency call/text arises, please step out of the training room so that you don't disturb others.
- Child care is not provided; therefore, children are not allowed in the training room during training, with the exception of nursing infants. Anyone who brings a child to training will be asked to make other arrangements.
- Participants are welcome to bring food and refreshments during trainings. We ask that you please throw away your trash and leave your area clean when you leave.
- Sign-in sheets and evaluations will be completed at the end of training. You must be present for the entire training to receive attendance credit.
- Show respect for all other training participants by listening, asking questions as appropriate, participating in activities, and saving side conversations for breaks.
thread understands that keeping training fees at a reasonable rate supports early educators. In order to maintain our training fees and continue to provide quality service, we ask that you:
- Register and pay prior to the training. Payment is required for class registration. thread accepts credit/debit cards, cash, or check. You may register online using a credit card; however, registration online closes 24 hours prior to the training. You may call thread to register until noon the day of training or the Friday before weekend training.
- On-site payment. If you have not pre-paid for training and space is available, an additional $5 per person fee will be charged at the door. The total amount must be paid prior to the start of class in order for you to be able to attend the training. Once payment and attendance are complete, training hours will be recorded. If you have not pre-registered for training and space is not available, you may be turned away at the door.
- Receipts. Please keep receipts and training records for tax purposes. Receipts are issued at the time of payment and may not be available at later dates.
- Please pay the exact amount due. thread does not issue credit or reimbursement for over-payment or provide change when paying cash at the door.
- Cancellation. Individuals who register for training are responsible for attending or cancelling one business day prior to the training. If you cancel within one business day prior to the training, you will receive a credit voucher towards a different training that must be used before the end of the fiscal year (June 30). Credit will not be given to participants who fail to notify thread in advance. If a training class is cancelled by thread for any reason, paid participants will receive a credit voucher towards a different training that must be used before the end of the fiscal year (June 30). If you receive a credit voucher, register, and do not attend, thread will not issue a new voucher.
- Refunds. No refunds will be given for books, materials, or other supplies purchased from thread.