Racial Justice, Equity and Child Care
thread works to help families and caregivers raise the next generation of Alaskans. In this work, we have an obligation to reflect
on our individual beliefs and values, our organization’s values and our commitment to our mission that all Alaskan children have access to
affordable quality early childhood education programs to grow and learn. Our work is centered on the core tenets of social and economic justice
– that equal opportunities are available to every child and family.
The below resources are available for your program in your work with advancing equity with your children and families.
- Start with Equity: From the Early Years to the Early Grades (Children’s Equity Project (CEP) & Bipartisan Policy Center)
- Advancing Equity in Early Childhood Education Position Statement (NAEYC)
- ZERO to THREE Equity Resource Page (ZERO to THREE)
- Racial Justice, Equity and the role of Child Care (Child Care Aware of America)