Quality Initiatives, Grant & Funding Opportunities
IMPROVE + INNOVATE Grant Programs
Call for proposals is closed.
2022-23 Quality Initiatives
thread offers an annual Quality Initiative (QI) program for early childhood education programs and early educators to participate in professional development around a specific early care and learning topic. QI grants range from $1,000-$10,000.
Applications for QIs are now closed for Fiscal Year 2023. Click here for a summary of the QI statuses.
Assistance during COVID-19
Child Care Assistance in Northern Interior and Southeast Alaska
thread partners with Thrivalaska in Fairbanks and AEYC-SEA in Juneau to administer the State of Alaska Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) for the CCAP Northern and Southeast service delivery areas. Your program may be eligible to participate in CCAP to receive subsidy payments from the State of Alaska on behalf of an eligible family in Northern Interior or Southeast Alaska.
If you are in Northern/Interior Alaska, contact our child care assistance staff between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday at:
907.479.2212 or toll free 855.479.2212
1949 Gillam Way, Suite G, Fairbanks, AK 99701
If you are in Southeast Alaska, contact our child care assistance staff between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday to Friday at:
907.789.1235 or toll free 888.785.1235
3200 Hospital Drive, Suite 204, Juneau, AK 99801
For information about CCAP in other regions, contact the Child Care Program Office (CCPO).
Other Funding Resources
- Alaska IN!
- State of Alaska Child and Adult Care Food Program
- State of Alaska Child Care Grant Program
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council Child Care and Development Fund
- Child Care Assistance: Approved Relative Child Care Provider Application
- Tanana Chiefs Conference
- Central Council of the Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska (Southeast)
- Fee Assistance Program for Military Families (Child Care Aware of America)
- IRS Info: Tax Deductions for Educators