The Alaska SEED ROOTs Award application is closed.
Alaska SEED is pleased to offer the 2022 Alaska SEED ROOTs Award, funded by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA). Alaska SEED is partnering with the State of Alaska Child Care Program Office as the lead agency, and thread as the intermediary to distribute the award.
The 2022 Alaska SEED ROOTs Award amount is $3,000 per person – one award amount for all eligible applicants!
This award gives eligible early childhood educators a well-deserved $3,000 wage bonus to help with personal and professional expenses, and encourage continued employment in the field in 2022.
Eligible applicants are:
- Current/active in the Alaska SEED Registry, or you have received an email from SEED confirming receipt of an initial or renewal Registry application;
- On the Alaska SEED Career Ladder levels 1-12; and
- Currently employed in a licensed program. (Licensed program is State of Alaska or Municipality of Anchorage licensed child care facility, licensed Head Start/Early Head Start, licensed Before/Afterschool, or licensed Pre-Elementary School District program.)
This award is available while funding lasts. Not all eligible applications are guaranteed funding.
To successfully apply for this award, please follow the these steps before starting the application.
- Read the FAQs for details about this program and application process here.
- Download and complete the IRS Form W-9 (with your personal information). You will need to upload the completed form to the application.
- Complete, sign, and submit the application.
The application period is December 6, 2021 to April 30, 2022.