COVID-19 Financial Aid & Support
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis grows in Alaska and worldwide, we want you to know that we are here for you, Alaska’s early childhood educators and programs. Below are some financial resources to support you during these uncertain times.
Alaska SEED Support
Early Childhood Educators
Local Government CARES Act Funding
Check with your local government for funding requirements & application.
Dedicated CARES Act Funding (Child Care)
- Municipality of Anchorage
- City and Borough of Juneau
- City and Borough of Sitka
- Ketchikan Gateway Borough
- Petersburg Borough
Federal CARES Act/ Support
- NEW! Federal Paycheck Protection Program Re-Opened (Jan. 11, 2021). Second PPP is open for small businesses that received the first round of PPP, as well as businesses applying for the first time. More information is available from the SBA: Overview of First Draw PPP | Overview of Second Draw PPP
- SBA and U.S. Treasury announce simpler PPP forgiveness for loans of $50,000 or less. Learn more.
- Types of Cash Help for Providers During the Coronavirus Pandemic (Child Care Aware of America) (PDF)
- Coronavirus Stimulus Bill Updates and Business Resources for Early Childhood Programs (Child Care Aware of America) (Webinar Recording)
- Congress COVID-19 Response – What You Need to Know: Read more (Child Care Aware of America)
- Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act: Read more (U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship)
- Coronavirus Small Business Financial Resource Hub: Read more (Main Street Alliance Project)
- Small Business Mentorship & Financial Tools: Read more (SCORE)
Available Grants for Small Businesses & Nonprofits (Alaska)
- Mat-Su Health Foundation – Coronavirus Prevention and Response Grants: This program is available for nonprofits in the Mat-Su Valley that are licensed organizations providing child care and early learning services. Grants cover operational funding, supplies, equipment and other program costs. Learn more here.
Small Business Administration
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Webinar Recording: Helping Child Care Programs Understand and Navigate SBA Loan Options (NAEYC)
- Webinar Recording: COVID-19 Economic Response & Resources for Small Businesses (Anchorage Chamber)
- SBA Explainer (Bipartisan Policy Center)
- Unemployment Compensation Explainer (Bipartisan Policy Center)
- Emergency loans small business guide and checklist (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
Thursdays with thread
Alaska Small Business Development Center
- COVID-19 Training Videos. Watch now.
- Webinar Briefings for Small Businesses on COVID-19 Opportunities (Free)
2 pm (AKST)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights: Requires certain employers to provide employees with paid sick leave, or expanded family and medical leave, for specified reasons related to COVID-19. Learn more. (U.S. Dept. of Labor)
- Alaska’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program: Unemployment is available for those who are furloughed, laid off, lose work hours, or need to stay home to care for children during the COVID-19 outbreak. Apply online here.
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation Program: Information about unemployment compensation support for child care providers. Learn more.
- National Women’s Law Center: Considerations for Child Care Providers & Workers Navigating Financial Support Options During the COVID-19 Crisis. Learn more here.
Tell Us Your Story
thread wants to hear from you about how COVID-19 is affecting your family. Share your story.