COVID-19 Financial Aid & Support
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis grows in Alaska and worldwide, we want you to know that we are here for you, Alaska's early childhood educators and programs. Below are some financial resources to support you during these uncertain times.
thread, State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, State of Alaska Department of Education & Early Development, and Mat-Su Health Foundation
State of Alaska
- Capacity Building Funding for Child Care (Child Care Program Office)
- AK Cares Grant (Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development)
Federal CARES Act
- Types of Cash Help for Providers During the Coronavirus Pandemic (Child Care Aware of America) (PDF)
- Coronavirus Stimulus Bill Updates and Business Resources for Early Childhood Programs (Child Care Aware of America) (Webinar Recording)
- Congress COVID-19 Response - What You Need to Know: Read more. (Child Care Aware of America)
- Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act: Read more. (U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship)
- Coronavirus Small Business Financial Resource Hub: Read more. (Main Street Alliance Project)
- Small Business Mentorship & Financial Tools: Read more. (SCORE)
Small Business Administration
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources (including PPP - Round 2)
- Webinar Recording: Helping Child Care Programs Understand and Navigate SBA Loan Options (NAEYC)
- Webinar Recording: COVID-19 Economic Response & Resources for Small Businesses (Anchorage Chamber)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) - SBA loans for child care providers to keep workers on the payroll and to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis. Loans are now limited. (First Five Years Fund. Overview of program)
- SBA Explainer (Bipartisan Policy Center)
- Unemployment Compensation Explainer (Bipartisan Policy Center)
- Emergency loans small business guide and checklist (U.S. Chamber of Commerce)
Available Alaska Grants for Non-Profits
- Mat-Su Health Foundation: COVID-19 prevention and response grants to Mat-Su nonprofit organizations. Learn more here.
- National Women's Law Center: Considerations for Child Care Providers & Workers Navigating Financial Support Options During the COVID-19 Crisis. Learn more here.
Alaska Small Business Development Center: Webinar Briefings on Coronavirus Opportunities (FREE)
- Daily, 2 pm (AKST) Register here
- Alaska’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) program: Unemployment is available for those who are furloughed, laid off, lose work
hours, or need to stay home to care for children during the COVID-19 outbreak. Apply online here.
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation Program: Information about unemployment compensation support for child care
providers. Learn more.
- Coronavirus Federal Tax Relief: Taxpayer deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020. Read more here.
Tell Us Your Story
thread wants to hear from you about how COVID-19 is affecting your family. Share your story.