thread’s Parent TALK is a free group where parents learn, share ideas, and ask questions about the joys and challenges of parenting.
- Parent TALK meets virtually on the second Thursday of the month, October through June. Pre-registration is required.
- Registration for an upcoming session opens at 9 am the Monday following the previous session.
- Offered for free via Zoom video conferencing. Participants will need to have an email address and access to a computer, internet, and a phone.
- Workshops will be recorded.
- Coming soon
- Dec. 10: Helping Children Cope
Learn developmental considerations, techniques, and strategies to use when assisting young children in managing energy, emotions, and the effects it has on their bodies. Click here to watch.
- November/December 2020: Conscious Discipline Series
thread, in partnership with the Anchorage School District, presents a three-part series that will introduce parents and families to the skills, tools, structures and language of Conscious Discipline.
The Conscious Discipline framework provides families with tools and skills needed to calmly respond when big emotions are expressed. These techniques help families communicate in a more intentional way.
- Oct. 8, 2020: Strengthening Ourselves – Parental Self-Care and Resilience for Challenging Moments
Woodrie Burich of the Integration Group shares ways for parents to practice self-care. Learn new ways to nourish yourself in the “crazy-chaos” that is parenthood and learn the value of modeling these practices for your children. Click here to watch.
- Self-Care Handout [PDF]