thread’s Parent TALK is a free group where parents learn, share ideas, and ask questions about the joys and challenges of parenting.
- Parent TALK meets virtually on the second Thursday of the month, October through June. Pre-registration is required.
- Registration for an upcoming session opens at 9 am the Monday following the previous session.
- Offered for free via Zoom video conferencing. Participants will need to have an email address and access to a computer, internet, and a phone.
- Workshops will be recorded.
- May 13: Supporting Our Picky Eaters
Join thread for a discussion with Diane Peck from the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services about ways to support the picky eaters in our families. Register here.
- April 8: Playing Outside is Learning
Discover how children’s fine and gross motor skills flourish through outdoor exploration. Learn ways to help children gain confidence and physical capacity while discovering nature’s classroom! Watch the video.
- March 11: Cyberbulling — Prevention & Responses
Sierra Gregg from Standing Together Against Rape, Inc. (STAR) Alaska discusses the responses and prevention of cyberbullying behaviors and how you can help children foster and display safe online interactions. Watch the video.
- Feb. 11: Positive Responses to Challenging Behavior
Explore positive ways parents and caregivers can respond to the behaviors that children often exhibit. Watch the video.
- Jan. 14: Gender Identity & Expression
Christina Eubanks-Ohana with Hillcrest Children’s Center and Samuel Ohana with Full Spectrum Health discuss healthy gender development in young children and how families can help create a safe and reflective space for children to develop their identities while counterbalancing stereotypes. Watch the video.
- To view all Parent TALK videos, click here.