No Small Matter: A Summit on the Economic Impact of Early Care and Learning in Alaska.
Quality Early Care & Learning Isn’t Just Powerful – It’s Possible!
On October 10, 2019, this event brought together many early childhood experts, advocates, policymakers, and business and community leaders for
a day of information, storytelling, networking, and design thinking around the issue of early care and learning for Alaska. We ended the day
with each attendee considering the one small step he/she will take to move this issue forward.
Watch this space for more stories and information!
- Introduction/ Welcome (1 of 6)
- Economic Impact of Early Care and Learning in Alaska (2 of 6)
- You Won’t Find a Better Business Return than Investing in Early Childhood Education (Credit Union 1) (3 of 6)
- Spark Speech: Early Care & Learning Workforce – Investing Today for Alaska’s Tomorrow (5 of 6)
- Government Innovation that Matters (6 of 6)
Individual Presentations & Resources
- Welcome by U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski
- Welcome by U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan
- The Credit Union 1 Model
- Economic Impact of Early Care & Learning (McDowell Group)
- Economic Impact of Early Care & Learning (Alaska Children’s Trust)
- 2019 Johns Hopkins Wage Compensation Study
- 2020 Economic Impact Report
- Summit – Visual Note Taking
- Call to Action
- Questions to Consider
- Keepers of the Flame
- “No Small Matter” Film