No Small Matter: A Summit on the Economic Impact of Early Care and Learning in Alaska.
Quality Early Care & Learning Isn't Just Powerful - It's Possible!
On October 10, 2019, this event brought together many early childhood experts, advocates, policymakers, and business and community leaders for
a day of information, storytelling, networking, and design thinking around the issue of early care and learning for Alaska. We ended the day
with each attendee considering the one small step he/she will take to move this issue forward.
Watch this space for more stories and information!
Presentations & Resources
- Welcome by U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski [video]
- Welcome by U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan [video]
- The Credit Union 1 Model [video]
- Economic Impact of Early Care & Learning (McDowell Group)
- Economic Impact of Early Care & Learning (Alaska Children's Trust)
- NEW! 2019 Johns Hopkins Wage Compensation Study
- NEW! 2019 Economic Impact Report
- NEW! Summit - Visual Note Taking
- Call to Action
- Questions to Consider
- Keepers of the Flame
- "No Small Matter" Film
Agenda & Speakers
Mover & Shaker
Dr. Matthew Hirschfeld
The project described is supported by the Preschool Development Grant Birth through Five Initiative (PDG B-5), Grant Number 90TP0012, from the Office of Child Care, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Office of Child Care, the Administration for Children and Families, or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.