Learn the Issues & Take Action
The child care system is crucial to maintaining healthy families and a healthy economy. thread makes it possible for you to learn about the issues and advocate directly to policymakers on behalf of children. Your voice matters!
- Child Care for Working Families Act 2021: This proposed legislation aims to make child care more affordable for families and improves pay and workforce supports for early educators. Read one-page descriptor here.
- Child Care in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (Passed March 2021): This legislation provides funding for the (1) Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) to support child care and families, and (2) Child Care Stabilization Funding to stabilize child care through the remainder of the pandemic.
- Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA) (Passed December 2020): Provided $10 billion through the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) to stabilize child care and support families.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES) (Passed April 2020): Provided $3.5 billion in additional funding for the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) to provide child care assistance to frontline workers and stabilize child care.
- Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG): Lean about the CCDBG law that authorizes the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) program administered by states and tribes, and supports families in accessing child care.