thread is excited to partner with the Municipality of Anchorage’s Assembly and Mayor’s Office on the Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) Child Care Stabilization Grant. The intent/purpose of the grant is to retain and recruit licensed child care programs in the MOA. Grant awards are based on the child care program’s licensed capacity. Programs will receive $800 per licensed seat.
Eligible child care programs are:
- Open and operating on or after November 1, 2022
- Licensed by the Municipality of Anchorage Child Care Licensing
- Located in the Municipality of Anchorage
Allowable funding categories include:
- Rent or mortgage, utilities, facility maintenance and improvements, or insurance
- Personnel costs, benefits, premium pay, recruitment, retention
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), cleaning & sanitation supplies and services, or training professional development related to health and safety practices
- Purchases of or updates to equipment and supplies to respond to COVID-19 Goods and services necessary to maintain or resume child care services
- Mental health supports for children and employees
Programs that received the MOA location-based award as part of the State of Alaska Child Care Program Office Phase 3 COVID-19 Child Care Stabilization grant program are not eligible to apply.
The application period is from June 5, 2023 – November 30, 2024. For additional information and to apply visit the thread webpage here.
The funding for this grant is possible through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF) Grant via a grant from the Municipality of Anchorage’s Assembly and Mayor’s Office. thread is the intermediary for grant distribution.