Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential
The Alaska Early Childhood Administrator Credential (AK-ECAC) is a series of content specific trainings designed to provide administrators with knowledge in numerous areas. These content areas have been identified by a statewide advisory panel of early childhood professionals as foundational to any program administrator in order to help provide a quality early childhood education program.
Benefits of Earning the AK-ECAC
- Advance your career
- Meet job requirements
- Reinforce your commitment to early childhood education
- Provide parents with peace of mind.
- Understand developmentally appropriate practice
- Increase your confidence
To see a list of Alaska SEED approved trainings and options which fulfill the AK-ECAC requirements, click here.
Am I Eligible to Earn an AK-ECAC?
To be eligible to apply for an AK-ECAC, you must:
- Gather any training certificates and/or transcripts you have and upload them to them to your Alaska SEED profile (for university transcripts,
include course descriptions/syllabi).
- *Arrange a time to talk with a Alaska SEED Systems Development Coordinator to review transcripts and determine what AK-ECAC trainings you have completed.
*For applicants working in programs NOT participating in Learn & Grow
- *Work with your program’s thread Professional Development Specialist (PDS) who will help review your transcripts and
determine what AK-ECAC content areas you have completed.
*For applicants working in a program participating in Learn & Grow
- The AK-ECAC is a stand alone credential. It is also a requirement with Learn & Grow, Alaska’s Quality Recognition and Improvement
System (QRIS). For more information on Learn & Grow, go to www.aklearnandgrow.org
- Fill out the application here!