thread Finance Associate/Payroll Specialist
Application Dates: Until filled
thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education about child development, and also supporting early educators through training and consultation.
thread's Finance Associate /Payroll Specialist process the semi-monthly payroll, 941s, and W-2s. Additionally, this position provides support to the CFO in completing and processing Finance Department requirements.
- Process agency semi-monthly payroll, including quarterly tax return (941’s), SUTA reports, and year end W-2’s reconciliation and processing. Process payroll allocations.
- Shared Finance Department Filing.
- Assists with year-end audit, and monitoring visits by grantors and auditors, including assisting with pre-audit schedules and documents and other necessary preparation for external and internal audits.
- Provide support to the CFO/Finance Director for specific projects.
- Financial records retention policy maintenance and implementation.
- Assist with transition to electronic record system.
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedule tracking.
- Maintain Monthly Investment Account Tracker.
- Maintain 403b data tracker.
- Maintain workers compensation payroll tracker and prepare annual audit schedules.
- Month end reconciliation of copier and postage use and petty cash activity.
- Serve as a backup for A/P and other duties of the department when staff is absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Prior experience with bookkeeping and payroll required.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit required.
- Prior experience working with QuickBooks Software and Microsoft Office Software (specifically Excel) required.
- Professional references and valid identification required.
- General Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and understanding of GAAP.
- Must pass background check.
- Strong computer/data entry skills required.
- Previous payroll processing experience required, minimum three years.
- QuickBooks Non-Profit Software knowledge required.
- MS Office Products experience required.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Time management skills with emphasis on maintaining deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of providers, parents, staff and members of the community.
- Demonstrated proficiency in following Department of labor, IRS and finance policies, procedures and regulations.
Schedule and Compensation
- Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste. 203 Anchorage, AK 99501 Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
- Classification: Non-Exempt, Permanent
- Hiring Range: $20 - $24 an hour/ DOE
- Supervisor: CFO/Finance Director
- Supervises: None
Full-Time Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ AD&D, and EAP. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision, life, and EAP. Free thread services.