thread Finance Associate/Accounts Payable Specialist
Application Dates: Until filled
thread is a non-profit agency and the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) Network whose mission is to advance the quality of early education and child development by empowering parents, educating child care professionals and collaborating with our communities. Since 1986 thread has been supporting families with child care referral services and parent education about child development, and also supporting early educators through training and consultation.
thread's Finance Associate/Accounts Payable Specialist provides support to the CFO in completing and processing Finance Department requirements. This position serves as contact for accounts payable and accounts receivable. In addition, this position provides general support and administration for the Finance Department.
- Processes A/P, specifically project based payables and A/R for the agency, specifically training and contracts income.
- Maintains vendors and customer data files in the accounting system.
- Finance Department Filing, specifically accounts payable, accounts receivables and grants and contracts binders.
- Assists with year-end audit, and monitoring visits by grantors and auditors, including assisting with pre-audit schedules and documents and other necessary preparation for external and internal audits.
- Provide administrative support to the CFO/Finance Director for specific projects and assignments.
- Provide support with transition to electronic record system and processes.
- Manages and classifies files in storage area for the financial records.
- Maintains Travel Tracker as needed.
- Serve as a backup for payroll processing and other duties of the department when staff is absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Prior experience with bookkeeping and/or accounts payable and receivables required.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit preferred.
- Prior experience working with QuickBooks Software and Microsoft Office Software (specifically Excel) preferred.
- Professional references and valid identification required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and understanding of GAAP
- Must pass background check.
- Strong computer/data entry skills required strong knowledge of QuickBooks non-Profit Software and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand agency work in context to Finance Department functions.
- Time management skills with emphasis on maintaining deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of providers, parents, staff and members of the community.
- Demonstrated proficiency in following Department of labor, IRS and finance policies, procedures and regulations.
Schedule and Compensation
- Position Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
- Location: 3350 Commercial Dr. Ste. 203 Anchorage, AK 99501 Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week
- Classification: Non-Exempt, Permanent
- Hiring Range: $20 - $24 an hour/ DOE
- Supervisor: CFO/Finance Director
- Supervises: None
Full-Time Benefits: 20 days of PTO (starting), 13 paid holidays, 403b match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ AD&D, and EAP. All premiums covered 100% for employee’s health, dental, vision, life, and EAP. Free thread services.